DefinitionA LMS or “Learning Management System” is an online training platform, allowing the learning path management.
A LCMS or “Learning Content Management System” is an online training platform, allowing the creation and the learning path management.
To rememberAccording to the norm and the used modules, it allows the result recording, the tracking time spent…
Administrator side: learner management, management of training sessions.
Learner side: access to the contents made available to follow his training.
Trainer side: putting on-line / design of learning path, follow-up of learners.
ExtraA LMS can integrate a lot of functionalities:
• virtual classes for distance learning sessions
• chat between the learner and the trainer / between the learner
• sharing space / downloads for document sharing, medias...
• presential training management gestion des formations présentielles
vDefinitionLocalisation is the adaptation to a content according to a regional / country area. That mainly includes the translation problems.
To rememberIn addition to translation, localisation can integrate:
• The Broadcast problems heeding the available technologies
• The cultural problems (colours used…)
• The brand problems (logo, graphic charter…)
Localisation is mainly done by outsourcing the media to avoid recompiling the content.
ExtraThere may be additional constraints with languages say exotics:
• Writing from right to left or from top to bottom
• Units of measure
In opposition of externalisation of Medias, we speak about encapsulation.