Designed in partnership with Santelys (a non-profit organization specializing in home healthcare and training), “Patient Alzheimer” is a serious game intended for nursing students in IFSI (Instituts de Formation en Soins Infirmiers – Nursing Training Institutes).
Based on a formative pedagogy, this system brings the learner to confront the care of an Alzheimer’s patient at different stages of the disease (early, moderate, or advanced stages). The learner is tasked with performing four care activities (vital signs monitoring, providing a snack, changing, administering medication), divided into three steps (preliminary data collection, entering the patient’s room, and leaving the room).
17€ excluding tax per learner
Enabling nursing students to improve their training in the care of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease, particularly by:
- To review the protocols for managing Alzheimer’s disease.
- To prepare them for providing support and communication with an Alzheimer’s patient.
- To understand the importance of the relationship between patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers.
- To prepare them for the first encounter with an Alzheimer’s patient and to avoid being surprised by the disease and the behaviors it generates.
- Develop their clinical reasoning and observational skills.
- Personalize care based on their observations.
- Understand and address patient resistance to certain treatments.
Available on Mac, PC, and touchscreen tablet.
A major donor named Gilles Bates has been imprisoned by Oblivio. To rescue Gilles Bates, the learner must retrieve a series of keys by accurately performing various care tasks for an Alzheimer’s patient (changing, administering medication, providing a snack, taking blood pressure, etc.). However, Oblivio will frequently disrupt the care steps, adding difficulty to the situation. In short, it’s a true storytelling experience that is both enjoyable and educational!